also the Fan Canon, Untold Told, and Off Hours

Friday, August 23, 2019

(Untold Told) Obi-Wan's Departure




A Star Destroyer?  What could a Star Destroyer be doing here?

No.

Vader.

I sense him.  Does he sense me?

If the Empire is here then it will not be long before they discover... Luke.  His training cannot wait. Not any longer.  Not one moment longer.  But what of Owen Lars?  If the boy sees the dispute he may become unwilling.  He must be willing.  Nothing will work so well otherwise.

I know what must be done.

Trooper come here.

TROOPER:  What is it?

I am your friend.

TROOPER:  You are my friend.

You want to tell me what you are looking for.

TROOPER:  I want to tell you what we are looking for.

Well, I'm intrigued.  Do tell.

TROOPER:  There are some imperial droids missing on the surface.

What are your clues about where they might be found?

TROOPER:  They were lost in the Dune Sea?

The Dune Sea?  How did they end up there?

TROOPER:  I don't know.  That was classified.

Oh, well.  You did your best, my friend.

TROOPER:  Thank you, sir.

Uh, one moment, please.

TROOPER:  Yes, sir.

Where were you going to look for them next?

TROOPER:  There are some homesteads just off the Dune Sea we need to check.

The homesteads?  Why not the Jawas?

TROOPER:  We checked.  The sand crawler didn't have the droids we were looking for.

I see.  Trooper, you should tear that sand crawler apart until you find those droids.  Tell your commander that you're suspicious of those Jawas.  And, my dear friend, everyone will be tired.  Especially after searching all day, yes?  You're completely exhausted.  You can't bother the homesteads tonight.

TROOPER:  You're right.  I'm completely exhausted.  We can't bother the homesteads tonight.

You should go lie down in your bunk and never wake up.

TROOPER:  I'll go lie down in my bunk.

And never wake up.

TROOPER:  And never wake up.

That's excellent.  Now the trooper can't tip them off to my presence with undo absent mindedness.
This will give me just enough time for what I need to get the boy away.

Hmmm.  What's that moving away from the farm?

OWEN:  Luke, I'm shutting the power down.

LUKE:  Alright.  I'll be there in a few minutes.

I see.  This may be my one and only chance.
When the boy leaves in the morning I'll make my move.

SPEEDER SOUND

The time has come.

BERU:  (gasp) Obi-Wan?  What are you doing here?

I'm sorry.  But today is the beginning of the end of the Empire.

BERU:  Owen... Owen!

OWEN:  Beru!

LIGHTSABER

And there must be no evidence of the blade.

RISING FLAMES.

Now for the boy.

I see the troopers have frittered away their time on the Jawas.
I shall be able to make use of this.  The Jundland wastes
are not to be travelled lightly.

And these blast points, too accurate for Sand People.
Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise.

LUKE:  But why would imperial troops want to slaughter Jawas?

Wait, Luke.  It's too dangerous.

All the better that I cut the ties to this world.
He would never allow himself the mantle
of hero without such things.

There was nothing you could have done,
Luke, if you had been there.
You would have been killed too.
And I now know what the Empire
wants with these droids.

We must be cautious.

This one is not worth the effort.

Destroyed, by the Empire.  He might have been born into the life of a great Jedi knight.  Now this indeed is our most desperate hour.  I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

And now it begins, Vader.  Run, Luke.  Run.
The boy and I shall never be parted.  You have lost.
Let go, Luke.  The Force shall be with you, always.

You will go to the Dagobah system.  There you will
learn from Yoda, the Jedi master who instructed me.

LUKE:  I can't get them out of my head.  Their my friends.
              I gotta help them.  Han and Leia will die if I don't.

You don't know that.  This is a dangerous time for you.
I don't want to lose you to the Emperor the way I lost Vader.

VADER:  No.  I am your father.

If you choose to face Vader you will do it alone.
Don't give in to hate.  That leads to the dark side.

LUKE:  A certain point of view?

Luke you are going to find that a great many things
depend on our own personal point of view.

I swore loyalty to the Republic.  Vader helped to cut down and destroy the Jedi knights.
He betrayed and murdered your father.  Now the Jedi are all but extinct.

When I am gone I want to know that the Empire is finished.
The Jedi shall be reborn through you.
And then we shall have peace.










No comments:

Post a Comment