also the Fan Canon, Untold Told, and Off Hours

Monday, September 30, 2019

(Untold Told) A World Without Sin


I know there's more severe things on the internet,
but I'm sending this one out with a content warning.
So, you have been warned.

Gorramit.  Useless!  That son of a toad-bitten whore
is late, again.  Here he comes all dreamy eyed.

Hey!  Good morning, you!

Give me the cold shoulder will you?  Well how about
I cut your salary.  Does that change your attitude?
The damn fool thinks he can get along showing
up late and not so much as discuss it.
He'll come crawling to me before
the week is through wanting to
know why his wages are slashed.

Hey, hey, hey!  You're going to pull that stack
down on yourself.  I don't need an insurance claim
from you.  Here, you take the one off the top
of the stack, first.

Now he's only moving the top of every stack.
Is this dock monkey trying to antagonize me?

I've had it.

Hey!  You're fired!  Hey!  I'm not paying you!
I'm talking at you!  Quit working!  Are you
on some kind of shine or what?

Get... out!

Ahhh!  Hell, don't you have more pride than that?
I didn't hurt you.  Get up.  Get... up!
I'll fight the insurance claim.  You were
one useless son of a bitch.  You know that?
And ain't none of your friends worth rolling
over for some insurance claim out of my pocket.

What's the matter with you?  Go home.
You know what, that's fine.  But that's what
I'm going to do.  I'm going home.
Certainly can't get any help here.

You sick again?  Honey, what did the doctor say?
Alisa, talk to me.  What did he say?  Did you go?
Why aren't you answering me?

Why isn't anyone answering me?
My wife is sick!  What are you all doing here?
Why isn't there anyone else in the emergency room?
Do you send them all home without helping them?

Well, not me.  Here.  You put your hand on stethoscope.
Let me help you with that.  And you put the flat end
on her so you can start with her heartbeat.

Isn't that what you doctors and nurses are supposed to do?

No!  Put those ear pieces in!

Ahhh!

Does this look like a joke to you!  My wife is sick and
you're going to do something about it or I'm going to
do something about it!

Are you listening?  I already fired my last man.
My business is shot all to hell.  She is all I got.
And you're here.  You're supposed to at least try something.

No, no.  Honey, honey... don't lie down.  Alisa, please get up.
Alisa?  What's everybody doing?  I need you here!
You can't lie down 'cause there's just one patient!
This is important, damn it!

Damn you.  Damn you all.

Alisa, Alisa, open your eyes, honey.  Hey, open your eyes!
That's a good girl.  Now I need you to try to support yourself
a little.  You weren't a sack of potatoes a minute ago and
these doctors aren't going to help us.  We have to look for
a way to help ourselves.  That's what we always do, right?

But I can't have you trying to lay down on me.  Remember the farm?
That stupid dustbowl of a farm that some idgit bought so we could
come out here?  When the cattle went down there was almost
no time for getting them back up.  Remember?  Alisa, honey,
I need you walking around on your feet now.  Something's
really wrong with everybody.  I can't have that happening
to you.  Please, darling.  I don't know what I'm supposed
to do if I lose you.  We don't even have any kids.

Alisa?  Alisa, get up.  Please get up.

I don't understand it.  You ain't cough'n.  You ain't sweat'n.
You even still look at me and smile, if just a little.
What's the gag?  What's supposed to be the big secret?

Are you putting me through this for something?

What could I have done to deserve this?
And how did you get everyone else in on it?

Alisa, whatever it is I'm sorry.  Honey, I said I'm sorry.
Can't this just be over now?  Alright, Alisa.  Alright.
But you need to eat something.  You can't go on like this.
You're going to kill yourself for a gorram joke, little lady.

I ain't watching it anymore.

You!  You part of her joke, too?  You must really think it's funny.
What?  You got nothing to say to me, either?  Maybe I decide
to stop talking.  Yeah.  Maybe I decide to get with the joke,
while my wife lies there dying in our house over it.
Sure seems like there's only one thing to do after that.

You're it, buddy.  If you don't want to end the joke here
then I can make sure you never will talk again.

None of you people seem to be taking me seriously!
I ain't asking for much.  Just some proof of life
to put a stop to a prank that's gone on long enough.
So what's it going to take?  I already killed three of you.
That doesn't seem to work for you.  You're all right sick.
You know that?  We don't have nothing.  There's nothing
she's going pay you that's worth this.  Someone's just got
to say it's over.  That's all I need.  Just tell me it's over.
I'll go home, wait for the cops.  I'll be all peaceful.
And you demented whores can go on to laugh
it all out over your sick jollies.

All of them.  Every last one of them is insane.
There's gotta be another city, another city
where none of this is happening.

I can't leave her.

I know you're alive, honey.  Remember how that feels?
You always love that.  Alisa, please give me something.
Maybe I'll just go down to the whore house.  Did you
ever think about that?  You can't give me that silent
treatment now, darling.  You gotta get mad or maybe
I might just go do it.  I'm gonna do it, Alisa.  I'm going.

You know I think your plan might have worked just a
little too well.  I mean, listen.  You hear that quiet?
The cops haven't been here for hours.  I must be
able to do whatever the hell I want.
What should a man do with that?

There's no one to do it to.

Everyone's laid down and died.  What's there to do?
Someone's got to try to make me stop.  Someone.
I'll find them.  No one can stop us.  They let this happen.










No comments:

Post a Comment